Monday, February 19, 2018

The Olympic Games- Part 2

I hope that you are having as much fun watching the Olympics as I am! I love figuring out ways to use the games in my therapy sessions and with teachers! One of my all time favorite events is the bobsled competition. My family watched "Cool Runnings" to get in the spirit before the games started and now it is the only competition that my children are dying to see!

Image result for cool runnings

I found this great activity on Pinterest for a PE based game. I have also used laundry baskets and large cardboard boxes as the sled. This activity incorporates postural control, teamwork, heavy work, balance, and motor planning.

http://www.ssww.com/blog/pe-ideas-for-the-winter-athletic-games/






bobsled winter games PE 


Equipment:
In this activity, students get in pairs and sit on two scooters that are attached together (or a two person scooter). If you have scooter connectors these work great to hook the scooters together. You can also use duct tape as an alternative. Students will maneuver around cones through the “track”. They can take turns being in front and back. Scooters are always a hit no matter how you use them. For the 4-Man Bobsled event, I had some scooters taped into groups of 4.

Have fun with this activity! It can be used in PE or as an indoor recess game!

- Movement Matters~ Whitney Carter PT, DPT


No comments:

Post a Comment