Monday, April 23, 2018

Star Wars Activity

Image result for star wars logo

Star Wars is kind of a big deal in my house! My oldest child was born on Star War's Day- "May the 4th be with you!" We love everything about this series! Both of my children were Jedi for Halloween. Like I said.....it's a big deal!


Movement in the classroom is vitally important to participation, retention, and behavior. Please see the link below for an article relating exercise to material retention:
https://medicalxpress.com/news/2017-08-immediately.html

So how can I combine these two ideas? My love for Star Wars and my love for movement (I am a PT after all)....can be combined into Brain Breaks! Please see the below link from Therapy Source of a wonderful packet of information!

https://www.yourtherapysource.com/blog1/2018/01/15/star-wars-brain-break-workout/

Image result for star wars exercise


Hopefully this will keep you from going to "the Dark Side" and improve your students' ability to participate in the classroom!

~Movement Matters- Whitney Carter PT, DPT

No comments:

Post a Comment